It's deceptively simple: Start with one burpee the first day and then add one burpee each day. Do this for 100 days.
How the Challenge Works
- On day one, do one burpee.
- On day two, do two burpees.
- On day three, do three burpees.
- On day 99 do 99 burpees
- On day 100 do 100 burpees.
What's a Burpee?
There is the standard burpee and then there is the crossfit burpee, also known as a burpee pushup or a 6-point burpee. For the purposes of this challenge, we are defining a burpee like this:
- Start by standing straight up
- Bend at the hip and place your hands on the floor
- Kick your feet out behind you (you'll be in the plank position)
- Do a pushup with your chest touching the floor
- Quickly bring your feet back up to your hands
- Jump up with your hands above your head and arms at the ears
- If you're past day one, start over again.
There is a YouTube video to the right that shows how these burpees should be done.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the challenge start?
The challenge starts when you decide you are ready to tackle it. I would recommend starting today.
- How do I sign up for the challenge?
You don't have to signup anywhere. But you should tell someone else. In fact, you should get someone to do it with you.
- Do I have to do all the burpees at one time?
No. You can break them up throughout the day however you wish. Just make sure that you get them all in.
- Do burpees done during my normal workout count?
Yes. As long as they meet the standard outlined above.
- Why do the burpees I do have to be a burpee pushup?
Because they're tougher, which makes you tougher.
- What if I miss a day?
If you miss a day, you must make up the burpees you missed.
- How many total burpees will I end up doing?
If you follow through the entire challenge, you'll end up doing a total of 5,050 burpees.
- Do I get a prize for doing the challenge?
You get bragging rights at your gym.
In the comments, let me know if you have accepted this challenge. I'll be rooting for you.